Redpath Goat shelters
Used throughout the country. The goat shelter normally would have a soft floor (sawdust or post-peelings) base, and Redpath pay special attention to protecting the steel poles from corrosion by using a rubber sleeve over them at ground litter contact points. The roof cladding is usually either Durashade or Canavcon shaded material. Roll up blinds are optional on one or both sides of the building. The Redpath goat-shelters are made up of an all bolted RHS box section tube design, making them straight-forward to assemble by the owner or Redpaths contractor and also make them very strong in high wind sites.
Goat houses are most popular using the 9.2m arch span in either single or multiple connected spans, although Redpath offer a 7.5m and 10.65m series also. Ventilation of the shelter is either by natural side or roof vent systems + air forced fan ventilation is an option also
Goat shelters - Overview
* Span / bay Widths: 7.5m, 9.2m, & 10.65 metres
* Post spacing lengthways: 3 metres between posts (excluding hi-tunnel design)
* Height to gutter options: 2.5m, 3m, 3.5m, 4m, or 4.5metres
* Apex height: Up to 7 metres
* Roof Ventilation Design: Available in single ridge or double ridge system on truss designs 9.2m & 10.65m
* Vent drive systems: Dutch high quality Ridder on truss houses
* Roof vent upstand flashings & end weather flashings: Yes included
* Sidewall ventilation: Roll up sides using self locking Eziwinder winch system on one or both sides
* Roof cladding: White shaded Durashade Singleskin (10 Year clear Durashelter also available). clear Duratough 210 4 Year film (service life 6-8 years) also available.
* Wall cladding: Reinforced Polyweave film, or shadecloth side
* Frame Guard Tape: Fitted to all roof members that touch the plastic
* Gutter design: Walkthrough Vee gutter, steel , gives easy & safe access to roofline.
* Doors: Sliding door with aluminium frame - supplied as required
* Footings: Typically 1.25 metre deep x 0.450 diameter (soil type dependant)
* Wind load: 165kph, greater if required
* Snow load: Yes, snowload compliant up to 50kg sq/m
* Installation: Yes nationwide including building permit application/processing. Kitset only also an option.
* Warranty: Yes, Redpath 3 Year silver series manufacturers warranty
Shade or Thermal screens
Insect / bird screening of ventilation systems:
Contact Redpath for more information Free Call 1 800 024 680, or use the below form